PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The JOB SEARCH Journal
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2005, 14:56
Kerropi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I did my ATPL theory in 1998 in the Netherlands. After passing all the subjects I went to the US to build hours and for a FAA PPL/CPL/IR license
In 2001 I've obtained my JAA CPL/IR license in the Netherlands. I knew a few people who got jobs with just a CPL/IR (NO ME RATING). So I thought well
my budget is kind of limited, maybe I too could have a job as pilot without ME/MCC so i didn't do anything thereafter. After 2001 I've tried with Lufthansa Cityline and Tyrolean air but I didn't got passed the selection . Those were one of the few airlines who did not require you to have ME rating/MCC.

Just last year I did my twin rating and MCC Course in Belgium because I had some extra money.

At the moment I am 28 and working as a programmer. To be honest I can say that I am not as enthousastic as I used to be to become a pilot. But somewhere in side of me I do still have hope to be able to fly for my living some day. I am not bitter absolutly not... I am still very proud that I have my flying license .

After having my license (2001) I worked for several IT companies as programmer to pay of my debts. Not knowing that after 4 years I am still working as a programmer

As Matzpenetration has mentioned there are several routes i could chose from. For instance instructing, aerial photography, ferry work, air taxy work etc. But I've tried several companies in Netherlands but there are simply to many employed pilots like me wanting to do the same. Some of these companies just laughed at me when i showed up asking if they have something for me to fly with.... well that's not really motivating is it?

I am TOTALLY against paying for a type rating. because I have no money for that (maybe if there was a guarantee for a job afterwards I would consider ) but usually there is none. Some companies I called for said to me "Well If you have this and that type rating ....We would MIGHT give you an interview" Well what good is that gonna give me?? I do not want to hear MIGHT I want guarantees

For the people who wants to comment about my spelling:
Yes!! I know my spellings sucks. YES I also know that this is maybe the reason I do not have a job as pilot........