PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OEI Missed Approach Procedure
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2005, 13:56
Winston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two scenarios here. Approach Go-around climb and landing GA climb.
The approach GA assumes a GA at DA/MDA and the landing GA is from a baulked landing.
If a missed approach doesn't state otherwise a min gradient of 2.5% is required. The appr GA assumes OEI configuration and the LDG GA assumes all eng operative configuration.
If you are unable to achieve 2.5% appr GA(or the min % as stated and the appr chart- it could be higher) you must use a higher minima.
If you are unable to achieve the LDG GA % (more likely than Appr because we are now assuming all eng op config!) you can follow a SID if you have the performance (would have to check T/O perf) fly an engine out emergency turn (if published for that runway) or fly a visual escape manoeuvre.
Obviously at 50ft if we GA and an engine fails we don't have any time to think about this!! I've been flying 75/76 for 10 years and have NEVER thought about or briefed this scenario so I count myself very lucky that I never found myself in this situation. I now think AND brief about this everytime it could save our lives one day.
Check this
http://www.jaa.nl/section1/jars/508120.pdf PAGE 65

I forgot to say, DALAMAN (LTBS) has a DA on R/W 01 of 210\' (200) if you can achieve 8.0% and a DA of 1210\' (1000\') if you can achieve 2.5%. A 737-800 at 65000KG at 30\'C can achieve approx 3.6% appr clb GA