PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Deccan contract ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2005, 10:04
rsoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Mr Fogg

Looks like Monsieur Passepartout is upto his old tricks again!

And all this going on whilst they have up to 5 A320's grounded due no Captains

Considering that I am seing one of their aircraft taking off everyday for the past few months - what you mention can't exactly be true is it???

They have five a/c of which the last two are just going to start commercial service from 28th.

Of the other three, yeah one has been out of action for some time this month. But that I understand was more due to the driver of a ground vehicle deciding to check out the structural integrity of a wing tip with predictable results!!!

And as far as lack of passengers - again I think some one's imagination is boiling over! The latest government statistics show that Deccan was almost on par with Jet as far as load factor goes. And most of the time if I try to fly them at short notice, I dont get seats either.

Let us face the facts, they are India's first LCC, started August 2003 with ATR 42s, at a time when every one laughed them off. Now we have every one slashing fares and introducing Etickets here in this part of the world, not to speak of a few more LCCs in various stages of launch (Kingfisher/Spice Jet et all) thanks to Deccan taking off.

I dont have any idea about the flying conditions et all, but they most certainly are not short of passengers neither are all the 320s grounded!