PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Sign New EBA ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2005, 02:34
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gnadenburg

I do not intend to engage you in a p!ssing contest.

Blind Freddy can see that the real enemy is not your fellow pilots but the new economic conditions and management who may wish to exploit them and your differences.

A multiple paradox.
indeed .

One needs only to study the history of United Airlines to their current situation to see the several denouements possible, none of them are attractive to the pilots and all of which are a serious economic and competitive worry to Qantas et al.

Perhaps we are in a different and deregulated economic universe to the one that existed in '89, the evidence suggests that it is so? The economic protection of the 2 airline agreement was still on foot, it is not now.
Is it still possible, as it was. for competing airlines pilots to march in lock step on wages and conditions?

I have my own views on it but they aren't relevant here.

My only motivation in the post was to encourage you all to quit personalising the posts and get on with discussion of the issues and merits.
Aggression only works when you can follow through physically, as you are unable to do so here, you have to rely on the power of your argument.

So lets get on with it shall we.