PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie Walsh is the man to head BA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2005, 00:08
Anti-ice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well perhaps i'm more productive pushing 'my trolley' around , than sat on my a*se reading the telegraph,mail etc......

We barely get a moment to ourselves on a flight , and collectively i think the flight crew visit the CAT lounge more than we do.
If we do go there it's barely for 30-40 mins on a long day 10-12 hours.....

I'm full-time,and have been to the CAT twice this year. Perhaps you'd be happy then if we spent 60 hours on our feet all week, with no break whatsoever -
I mean effectively the cruise is almost a rest period for you guys (except for a bru,man etc) , while with our bare minimum crewing levels we work nonstop all flight

It's not good to be on your feet nonstop all day for 12-14 hours + ,-and- we haven't got bupa cover for varicose veins etc.......
Give US a break

BALPA is doing a whole load of medical research on behalf of you guys at the moment - i think we are equally affected by anything you are , but in addition,long standing periods,and contact with various viruses/bacteria are an additional hazard too.

Quote - medical research -
"Varicose veins tend to be caused by standing up for long periods of time, for example as part of your job. "