3000TT

2600 turbine,

2400 jet pic

1st interview MAY 04 SFO

2nd interview AUG 04 HK

Class date 11 APR 05 just 2.5 weeks!!!

Will be DEFO based at LAX

Suits: I brought 2, 1 for each day.

Sim: If you don't have any big jet sim time, SPEND THE MONEY!. 2 hours in a sim will get you through the profile 4 times.

Cocktail Party: HAVE FUN and be social, dress nice, don't ask TOO many job questions, accept any drinks they give you, and stay late.

The interviews are hard, but if you have a broad understanding of aircraft systems, weather, performance, and know Cathay and it's fleet like the back of your hand, you should do fine.

My recommended reading list is:

The US Airman Information Manual, US ATP oral study guide, "Flying the Wing", "HTBJ", the "Preparing for the Cathay Interview" books are good for the posssible test questions only and as a road map to further study, but they are outdated as far as company information.

Know your current aircraft's aerodynamic features and emergency procedures cold.

I didn't know the answer to every question, the sim was good but not awesome, I had a medical issue, I had alot to drink at the cocktail party, and I don't have tons of hours or any big jet experience, but I leave in 2.5 weeks to start a long and great career.

DON'T STRESS SO MUCH! Know your material and have fun.

bjammin