PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - cadet program - SO
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2005, 14:37
FAB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beeech19,

I agree with you. I would love to have the opportunity to fly even a piston twin engine. Since 4 years, I have been looking for a First Officer-copilot position in Canada even on a Navajo, but it's full of pilots and the requirements are more than 1000hrs TT (insurances) if you don't have a contact. I also applied in Africa, I have not enough flight hours, a friend of mine is Capt. there on the ATR42 and gave my resume directly to his company, nothing.

Most of my friends are instructors, they have no money to pay their bills; they have more than 2000hrs on single engine and don't find a job as a copilot.

I had the choice to: pay for an instructor rating, convert my license to JAR and go back home, or pay for a Jet Rating.
I did the A320 rating, and now people say that I must have hours on type....what else can I do, any suggestions?
Should I pay for hours on type (and then companies will tell me that I do not have enough hours)? Should I buy an Airbus to do some sightseeings?

I applied for an ad to be copilot on a C208 few days ago, they asked me to pay for the training 6000$Us.......to fly a C208!

Beeech19, if you have some infos for jobs in Africa, I would appreciate. I am immediately available.

Thank you