PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Court Win May Change Future of Air travel
Old 26th Jan 2002, 17:05
rover2701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read this thread with interest and can't understand one thing, namely what choice when booking a package holiday do the passengers get in selection of airline. This is decided by the tour operator. I have recently booked a cruise in the Carribean with P&O and I had no choice as to the airline that will fly me out to Barbados. The airline will be Britannia. I tried to book the Premium seats but was told that seat allocation will be done at the airport at check in. Once again no choice there. I have been in this business for a great deal of time and its about time it woke up to the fact that it is carrying people not freight and people require comfort and service. I am sure that despite airlines quoting market research (has anyone seen this research)that people will pay a little extra for a comfortable journey especially on long haul. Incidently I used to work for Britannia and I dont have an axe to grind against them. I have always thought that the seats were too narrow and not enough legroom. . .As to the analogy with car purchasing that is a complete red herring and bears no relevance to reality. . .I am delighted that the Passenger who sued JMC won his case maybe now all the long suffering passengers will get more leg room, especially on long haul, even if it comes at a higher cost. . .The bean counters will be the ruination of this industry if we are not careful.