PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 21st Mar 2005, 11:44
missing lynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No crate yet!

Just had word from one of my sources who has had a good scour round at XD that there is no large crates or shipping boxes around. All the sheds were checked and lookouts posted, should any arrive a full investigation of the contents will be carried out and anything of intrest will be posted here.
Guess i am not alone in getting a pm from WD40 dope (or somthing like that!) trying to put the frightners on me! shaking in my shoes and feeling intimidated .Guess i will have to be careful . makes you wonder though, why not tell the truth rather than try to scare people away?, must be somthing we are not to know. Reckon the MOD are using these machines to plug the shortfall in helicopters that they have?Make up numbers?-replacements for chinooks that are grounded?
Heard a rumour that the Army might be planning to have another crack at the flight with a better team and a much much better pilot, the mind boggles!. Still atleast they have loads of t shirts already made up!