PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Car bomb in Doha kills one
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2005, 10:32
popay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Yea, well I don’t think people will start packing in panic and leave, but I think they expect a good information campaign on investigation and security issue. This isn’t a simple criminal act, there is an organization, planning and logistic issues, which have to be taken care of. How did he get the explosive? Why did he chosen the theatre and didn’t attack city centre? Is this just a protest against foreign politic of Qatar, or was that an act of an individual, or maybe an act, which should compromise the existing political structure? If there is an organization beyond this attack, if yes, what is there political target? Answers to those questions will be a possible factor; the decisions will be made on. I have to ask my self: is that safe to bring my kids to a British school or any other western school, giving my kid proper education?
The other thing, which makes me very curious, the man, had a family and 3 kids, was well educated. A very unusual candidate for a suicide. There must have been something, which leaded him to this decision: kill himself and the people and leave the family behind. He must have thought about what is going to happen to his family afterwards? They will be for sure deported to Egypt and suffer from this. So if somebody kills him self and puts his family in trouble he must have made sure, they wont suffer from his absence. In simple words he must have been paid for that. He might have become a victim of his current employment or financial situation, or maybe he did it because he was convinced. More important is, who has chosen him. If that’s so, well than it’s not just a simple crime.

I don’t know the answer yet. It’s important to know for me what the government is going to do about it. How are they going to improve our security? The company should think about it too.

I really hope Hajj Man you are right, I honestly do, but I have to follow the rule: don’t underestimate your enemy and don’t overestimate your government, which in this case isn’t my, but the responsible one.
Cheers.
UNCONFIRMED CLAIM

The group, calling itself Jund al-Sham Organisation, (Organisation of Soldiers of the Levant or greater Syria, referring to Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine), said in the statement that it would soon issue another release about "the martyrdom-seeking operation carried out by a lion from Jund al-Sham in Qatar".

There was no way to verify the authenticity of the statement, signed by the group's "military wing".http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...3E188D58C3.htm

Last edited by popay; 21st Mar 2005 at 11:07.