PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA DEP Selection
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2005, 08:40
Paul McKeksdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matzpenetration,

Excellent answer, having done the time at Cranebank myself, I personally found the day in the HR department both interesting and fun. It was the first time I could get to play computer games without the wife on my back telling me to get something more important done!

It also, possibly as a side effect, causes a great deal of team spirit for those who wish to engender it. I won't forget the guys who were part of my little team and I certainly hope to see them again within the company in the future.

Those people there with Mundys attitude stood out a mile. This company has something to offer, job stability. Okay, for the first few years the going is tough, but hey look around there ain't that many if any rose garden companies out there.

Flying skills aside BA are looking for people who can live together in the cockpit on both shorthaul and longhaul routes. They assume that we have the flying skills hence the DEP selection. What they want to know is 'do you get frustrated or angry over the mundane?' Theres lots of that at 34,000' over the atlantic on an East coast trip. Can you hack it?

For those that can I can recommend the day. Go in without prejudice and attempt to enjoy it. If you want the job do some research and get an idea of what makes the company tick. Look the interviewer in the eye and sell yourself. Finally sit back with your other contestants in the bar at 18:00 and play 'whose phone now'

If you can't be arsed then leave the place for somebody who can. Frankly we'll all be better off without you!

Hehe

Edited due to having fat fingers and a small keyboard. Looking forward to crunching the CDU's!