PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon Airshow? is it worth it
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2005, 00:39
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr grusome

However, I recognise that many people who comment on this forum have zero knowledge or credibility.
brought the rest of your comments undone, and your slip is showing.

I have over the past decade (I see you have been around since 1999) on PPRuNe become privy, by their own admission, to the background and experience of most of the people who here have taken the time to offer their views some at significant expense, either to themselves, their employers and even I suspect to the Airshow organisers, by actually being at the show. $40 per day plus meals of coke, burger etc at $15 and so on.

Most if not all of them would have already "known" of the difficulties faced, some with considerable airshow planning and experience of their own and you should feel embarrased, but then your legal background might suggest that would be a difficult emotion for you to express.

Were "the crowd" advised of the problems with the "missing" acts?
There were, I understand, some Jetstar advertising announcements during Jetstar arrivals and departures but no explanation as to the reason the airspace was closed to display for this reason. I can't imagine why not?

Many including myself have been to similar shows in Europe and the US operating in a similar environment and occasionally in appalling weather, they might have had to revert to Plan B then C now and then but the "show" goes on.

A smart organisation would take the constructive criticism by experienced aviation people on board and try harder next time.

I'll leave it to John Eacott and gaunty to have the last say for me.

but the flying display......."pedestrian" would be a polite term for it.
I've seen much better with much less spectacular equipment.
The ingredients were there but Mr Barnum was on holidays.