PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security Nonsense
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2005, 22:36
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Seems like a big outbreak of commonsense to me.
1. The pilots were there at the request of the airline.
2. They are airline staff.
3. They were going to be flying the aircraft. (don't need a weapon)
So where was the security risk?

Hmmmm

I was with the rest of my crew yesterday, arrive at security, the usual thing take your shoes off, remove the belt blah blah blah and then the prettiest flight attendant is requested to come aside and take part in the Trace detection.

This took ten minutes as they wanted to check each piece of luggage, even open them up which I am not sure is completely legit? and then test samples from just about every section of her body. I am little jealous here as I tried that the night before abnd my request was denied!!!

The point being, while these security morons wasted their time checking her, probably around 30 passengers who surely would have been more of a risk wander through.

I have heard rumours that there will soon be two lines at security. One for airline crews, were all testing is mandatory. The second lineis for everybody else, as long as you don't wear an ASIC card or hold a pilots license then you may proceed through unhindered.

It is a joke!

Clarrett, my other half pronounced that guy dead. Apparantly once they do that they cannot remove them, children they can but not adults// Don't understand.

Last edited by RENURPP; 20th Mar 2005 at 23:04.