PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Interview New York 1 Feb 05
Old 20th Mar 2005, 19:47
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys!

Congrats to your interviews!
I have been hunting for an CX interview for quite a few years now, but now luck so far.... I guess they have 1000īs of applications + I didnīt have any jet time and stuff so no surprise really....
BUT, now I have Airbus time and I am just about to update my appl. with some substantial jet time....
Now, I have been doing some thinking (I do manage to do some thinking every now and then ).....
Do I really wanna (IF invited for interview) go ahead and put some real effort into an interview...possibly pass 1st stage, go through 2nd stage....Get the job, move to Hong Kong.... JUST to get "degraded" from my current FO pos. to become SO for god knows how long...??? I mean, is the pay good enough to make it worth?? Because I guess the deal is a C-scale or am I wrong? How much does the C-scale pay?? Enough to have a meaningful life in HK??
When I read about you guys getting interviews (some with quite a lot of jet/heavy jet time), are you not better off staying where you are?? Or, are you out of job at the moment? Or, am I totally out of the loop when it comes to what the terms and conditions are at CX??

Any comments appreciated!

//CP