PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton Eastleigh - Flying clubs given notice to quit?
Old 20th Mar 2005, 19:20
ramrise40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monocock Redeye and Geeza: no, none of those things, just insomnia and chronic jet-lag!

Thanks for confirming the rumour that I heard. I find the situation at Eastleigh rather absurd, they have pretensions to be a major international airport but have the most rediculous taxyway arrangement in the country - jets have to enter and backtrack at both ends which of course seriously disrupts traffic flow. When will they build a full length parallel taxyway, and at the same time extend the apron so that the flying clubs and others have the space they need?

As for Lee on Solent, as far as I know it has been sold to the Coastguard (does that mean Bristow?), they and the Police Support Wing will stay, all others face eviction, but that's nothing new and a solution might be found. Carill can possibly base their aircraft there, but I don't think they'll be allowed to train at Lee, they'll probably have to position to one of the other South coast airfields.

What about re-opening Hamble - it's still not been built on, anyone know why?