PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sywell V Deenethorpe
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2005, 13:13
Arrestahook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Writing on the wall

Well Bose another can of worms successfully opened. I think you have got it dead right this time tho'

What Bletsoe Brown is bleating about in the local press concerns Northants School of Flying’s old plan of erecting a maintenance hangar at Deenthorpe aerodrome. This was due to the lack of space for maintenance at the new base, Sibson.

How a maintenance hangar constitutes a threat to Sywell aerodrome I am not sure. However, I am sure that NSF neither has the means or the desire to re-mortgage THEIR company to the tune of several million to develop Deenthorpe into the regional airport he is ‘threatened by’.

What I find amusing are BB’s antics. The family buying up shares in Sywell Aerodrome Ltd to ensure a bigger stake-holding. While at the same time running the company into millions of pounds of debt developing the buildings, carrying out massive earth works and at the same time kicking out the only people who can help pay for all this - the tenants.

You hear BB’s cries to the County Council,
‘We need a hard runway to complement and help pay for our developments’.

The hard runway is a farce, a few movements a day of light turbo prop aircraft wouldn’t even pay for the £2-3 million cost of building it let alone the rest of the company’s debt. On being asked ‘Michael will you install an ILS for these commercial aircraft?’ his reply was ‘Why would we need one?’
None of the building refurbs have been carried out taking into consideration the size of commercial aircraft, so where are these business jets and turbo props going to be accomodated? All this leads one to believe it was never intended to happen in the first place.

This is just my speculation but see what you think……..

Make a hard runway application to the council to be seen to have airfields best interests at heart. Make fundamental mistakes in said application such as massively overstating proposed aircraft movements. Oops, council have thrown out application again.
Then make your play to the CC and local press.

‘We have tried to develop this airfield by spending millions spuriously, but it is crippled because you won’t approve the hard runway. We owe four and a bit million pounds and cannot operate a GA airfield while threatened by ‘planned’ developments at Deenthorpe. Therefore we no longer have any choice but to close the airfield and develop it with commercial buildings or houses to pay back the money we borrowed.’

Build on it to the tune of much more than 4 mil, sell up families now sizeable share holding and move to Bahamas.

Question is does Bletsoe know a good builder…..Wasn’t a certain Mr L Wilson of ‘Wilson Homes’ recently voted onto the board of directors?

NSF and Deenthorpe are not a threat to Sywell aerodrome Michael Bletsoe Brown is!

Last edited by Arrestahook; 20th Mar 2005 at 17:12.