PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAS 's to close (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2005, 10:36
safe single

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far we've all discussed the recruitement benefits(or lack of) of the UAS, but what of those who haven't clue of the military when they join in freshers week? By that I mean the guys and girls who have a look, attend the training nights, have a couple of flights perhaps and yes, enjoy the social events which do make the UAS on of the best 'clubs ' to join (or did in my day anyway), but then decide that the military is not for them.
These are the people who will hopefully go on to be employed in promenant positions in industry, business, even politics etc etc. The sort of people who may be called upon to defend the military, or help it in any way. These people will be able to use their basic understanding of how it works and will hopefully also have fond memories of their time there.
I admit that I have not been in the system for quite some time, but I have many friends who are now doing very well for themselves in civvie street, but still love to hear about what's happening in the blue suit world.