PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAT turnaround??
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2005, 08:42
AtlanticAngel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YYC F/A

Congratulations on an excellent, well balanced post with all the correct information regarding our allowances at BA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this forum is an excellent source of information about the industry and it is to be applauded when people want to help each other but when dealing with matters such as pay and conditions, I think a PM is much more suitable as this is a public forum and like 121 has said, we don't want everyone knowing how much we earn as that is our business.

Having worked for a charter airline, I'm well aware how fortunate we are at BA but people must realise that you won't always trigger a CAT payment and there are trips where you earn very little eg. some of our longer flights (SOF, BEG, OTP) only trigger a lunch payment so you could earn less in allowances for one of those flights than a BRU that happens to trigger lunch or dinner. Yet at my previous ailine where we had an hourly rate, long flights such as PFO, LCA, TFS were worth much more and on short flights you didn't earn much at all.

It can all be a bit mind boggling until you start at BA and get to realise how the allowances, bidding etc work. They are very helpful and informative about these matters on the training course.

Well...thats it from me!!
Take Care everyone and Happy Easter (can't believe its almost here!)