PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - cadet program - SO
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2005, 02:36
Edward555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey FAB....

I can feel for your frustration in getting out there and starting a good job in this industry, but I think I know the root of your problem. Basically, even though you have the A320 type rating...(and they may be interested initially), most companies are mandated with a minimum experience in term of flying hours by their insurance companies. Basically, to insure the "hull" and "life" value of any peticular flight the crew up front must not only hold a type rating but also have a certian amount of past experience. Where there may be some hope for you is in someone operating an A320 as a private operator not an commercial operator, and I am afraid on the A320, this is very unlikely. As a private operator, insurance is not as restrictive. So, as I can feel for what you want....to fly the bus, you may have to get out there and get some hours under your belt. If you can get your ATPL in under a couple of years, perhaps you can get away with renewing your 320 type with just a ride. Otherwise, if you have some cash left over, go and buy a type on a Navajo or a small jet. I actually believe you don't want to miss that stage in your career. You will build very good skills and have a blast at the same time. Dont' be in too much of a rush....you have lots of time. It is a slow progressive process...but you will have fun at each step. A mentor of mine once told me "don't rush it...one day you are here...and then it seems the next you are somewhere you never expected...and you will look back and wish you had more time"....and he was right.

So good luck!!!