PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew strike ballot!
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2005, 19:58
normal_nigel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last year I posted a link to a website that had the cabin crew payscales on it.

Someone called Golden Runways was so upset that the payscales were not a secret any more they threatened Danny that if he didn't remove the post they were going to report me to BA (assuming of course the website was mine which,of course, it wasn't).

However Danny told them where to go and also told me.

Now CSD's on Longhaul earn in the region of £30-£35K basic.

Allowances.

Assuming 20 days per month work - leave would give about 190 days work per annum.

Allowances would be on average (Longhaul) about £70/day. That equates to £13300 pa. These are taxed at a very low rate so they would gross up to at least £15000.

That means that a BA CSD grosses in real terms at least £45000-£50000 per year. In excess of over about 40% of flight crew.

Great work if you can get it.

No wonder its a big secret and guarded with such zealousness by the pathetic Golden Runways.

For info I include what they wrote at the time to Danny.

This post is very aggressive. I will also check with British Airways to see if normal_nigel aka ****** ****** has breached confidentiality rules by posting these internal documents. Do you believe the post and links to be appropriate? Thank you for your time in dealing with this matter. I will wait until 1630 before contacting BA.

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.
Touchy eh?

Last edited by normal_nigel; 19th Mar 2005 at 20:12.