PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garmin GPS 111 plus
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2005, 05:52
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
The plot thickens! (Groan)

Thanks for the links. I have to confess that I didn't even know that one could hook up to a laptop and use other maps. I've got a lot to learn it seems.

While I was at this garage sale, I also found a good Sony phone charger which was marked as 8.4 v out. Inside I found some friendly control circuitry which when coupled with a mini pot from a luckless VHS recorder became a 12v out for the Garmin.
Avtrician's site got me in contact with some interesting guys who not only will send me the 4 pin plugs, but also told me about flying a turbine powered micro-lite. Lives by a lake and just does interesting things. Now that's my kind of lifestyle.

We moved 2 feet forward in traffic today and the GPS (on auto zoom) showed 2 feet change. As one of those who traced Sputnick from Sheepen Road Tech in Colchester, I know how the system works...but I still find it hard to believe.

gingernut you should have known.

"
I've been a bit cautious since my camping fridge blew up my astra's alternator
I can just hear those camping fridges now. "All together boys, hands on hips, get those @^$^& Astras right in the alternators!!!"

Now to gpsinformation. LR