PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Patrick has cotrol of VB
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2005, 04:09
PureRisk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
126.7 asks "are you suggesting that just because FA's and Bag Chuckers did not learn to fly or fix aircraft, that they are unskilled?"

IN one word YES !!!! thats is exactly what I am saying.
But for yourself and others who are a bit slow I will explain further.
FA's , bagchuckers, check in people, cleaners etc are not jobs that you have to have specific training or experience in prior to doing those specific jobs. They are jobs that anyone of sound mind can be TRAINED to do when they are employed. Pilots and engineers ARE prior educated, experienced (some more than others ) and trained in their field prior to being able to apply and employed for their jobs. That is the same case as lawyers, doctors etc etc.
No one from MCDonalds can rack up the next day and apply and then be trained for these jobs like you can for FAs, bagchuckers etc...... DO you get it now???????
This is in short by defintion what the term SKILLED WORKER is.... not by me but but general work industries. And as I said before Corigan has a history in his other enterprises of recognising what a SKILLED job is and what is not and then subsequently renumerating a bit more fairly the formentioned jobs.