PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA DEP Selection
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2005, 22:29
Mundy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down BA DEP Selection

Have recently submitted my application and am waiting to hear. Since applying I have researched what I can on PPRUNE (there is an ace artcile in Wannabe) and have to say the prospect of a day or two at Cranebank does not fill me with joy. I have heard the current ratio for attendance to success (hold pool not even job) is about 12:2 at best sometimes even worse.

What is going on? It seems hardly worth the stress of attending if called forward, can BA's screening of applications really be that bad that they waste not only applicants' but their own time!!? Surely for every 12 they call forward there must be at least 100 applicants? Also, why do pilots with considerable experience have to be put through what appears to be largely b**lox? Maybe Wilbur Walsh will see the light and be rid of the psychowasters, it must cost a fortune in potential profit to run such an innefficient selection process.

Have also heard that as a new boy the chances of being home for a single weeekend/holiday for the first two years or more as a "blind liner" are virtually zero - great for family life if true.

The whole thing seems very painful and I am considering binning it, it's not as if they've even got that much to offer anymore over and above the "competition", Can someone out there maybe convince me otherwise, am I missing something here or will I be cast aside as a non believer?

Mundy