PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Death in Service Benefit
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2005, 20:12
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D-IFF_ident

You are right, he definitely said that Death-in-Service payments within AFPS75 would rise to 3 X pensionable salary from 6 Apr 05. As, like me, you are paying for the current AVC, you now have to ask your OC PSF what adjustment will be made to your monthly AVC payment so that, henceforth, it will only fund the extra 1 x salary (from 3 to 4). They cannot leave us overpaying, since it is against Inland Revenue rules for an AVC to be over-funded beyond IR limits. I bet this announcement will have caught everyone on the hop and nobody will be able to provide an answer. Let's make a Gentleman's agreement to ask the question and post the answers here.

Of course, if you transfer to AFPS05, your whole AVC becomes irrelevant and you should cease paying it. Will you get back what you have already put in? I'd like to think so, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ginseng

By the way, you refer to FSAVCs. The increased D-in-S benefit is via an in-scheme AVC, and therefore is not free-standing. For comparison, those who are paying to pension their flying pay are doing so entirely outside the AFPS, and hence that is a Free-Standing (FS) AVC