PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew strike ballot!
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2005, 15:41
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiggy

I must be missing something myself here.I thought seniority was based on date of joining regardless of job title. ie a Captain with 10 years in BA is LESS senior than an 11yr purser. Doesn't this count towards things like staff travel priorities? It's someones rank that is independent so a brand new F/O will have authority over a 35 yr CSD.....on the Aircraft.Wether he/she would choose to enforce it off the Aircraft......
Not trying to put the F/O's job down at all. I'm well aware of the resposibilities placed on young shoulders at times and of the time,effort and money that goes into it. Much more than the 4 weeks or so of Cabin Crew.That is why they still get paid more than the new Cabin Crew members.

My main point is that many people out there think Flight Crew should never be in a situation where they will earn less money than Cabin Crew,regardless of time in Company.
Your referance to the terrible and sad incident at LHR many years ago actually reveals less knowledge of BA than I thought you had.The Captain not only lost his rank but his job.He was taken to court for gross negligence and later took his own life. You say that the 2 ringer was disciplined,and quite rightly so, but may I ask what position this person now holds in the Company?
If, like me you know the answer to this, you'll also know your argument holds no water.