PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew strike ballot!
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2005, 14:07
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UMM......Bit of a touchy subject this one eh?

Wiggy

No,that will be YOUR logic.I refered to a junior F/O.No mention of Senior F/O or even a Captain,let alone your new CEO so don't go round putting words into my mouth.Also,as those of you in B.A are well aware,chain of command is no reflextion of pay(regardless of it being 'law of the land').That's why I recommended you all join BASSA. The contributions you guys pay into BALPA are laughable for the service you get in return.

Volmet South

I know for a fact that 4 years ago, a friend of mine, a senior Captain on 744 showed me his total earnings fo the year.It was £154,000. He had been with BA for 32 years.Now, let's take our 35yr old CSD again. Would a figure of £50-60,000 p/a be unreasonable. Quite rightly the Captain gets the pay but as for a brand new cadet in his first year....sorry,the CSD gets it every time for me.......regardless if he's sat on his arse or fighting fires down the back.

You know,if you guys really do resent it this much you should hang up those hats and start pushing some trollies down the back......it's quite an easy job for all the money you know