PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Mar 2005, 12:55
SecurID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BYMONEK,

I have jump seated with BA, AF and LH, all within the last 18 months and all at the ultimate discretion of the Captain of the flight. I work for EK and have no such control over who uses the seat and I hate turning staff pax away. It is an outdated view that we should not allow access to the jump seat for staff passengers.

I am not aware that anyone has actually had to pay anything back if they have left. But the current management may have a different view from the previous and more compassionate incumbants.

With respect to the rest of your rantings, have you actually joined yet and if so why make all the fuss of promoting a carrier that you are not really up to speed with yet. Oh, and before you start, we all did it at one time, we all waved the Emirates flag. But now? Just ask around when you get here, and try and find someone who has been here at least two years and has allowed the sand to settle a bit.

I do sympathise with you as it really does look great for the first eighteen months or so, but then you suddenly realise that it is a lot of mirrors and smoke. I await your posts after the appropriate time period has passed.

Last edited by SecurID; 19th Mar 2005 at 01:28.