PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Mar 2005, 11:06
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
davidletterwoman

You are most definately living in the past mate! Would you claim the likes of British Airways,Lufthansa,Britannia etc etc to be from 'uncivilized' parts of the world.They, like most Companies in Europe operate a strict no jumpseat policy. In extreme circumstances and with authorisation, staff are allowed to travel.
With Regards to the bond, Aren't we missing the point somewhat? 36 months or 39 months, is this an issue for someone planning to do at least that amount of time right seat. And as for enforcing the bond, Emirates may well choose to remove some salary and fund but it wouldn't cover the bond amount and would you care if you were that desperate to leave anyway? If you had a valid reason for leaving your bond then the threat of legal action in some countries would see them back down.If you didn't have a valid reason then Emirates are well entitled to recover some of the cost of training.You mark me as a Company man and i'm glad that amuses you.I,However, pity people like you who look at the negatives of life.This Company may have its faults but is in a different league compared to many out there.3 year bonding.....so what! That didn't even enter my head as I signed along the dotted line.I'm joining for a period of time well beyond that 3 years and if there's anyone out there who isn't,then I suggest Emirates is not for them. That is why i've stated many times before on these forums that you need to do your homework and make the decision AFTER you've visited Dubai. I'm all for balanced opinions and differing views but if your're trying to offer constructive criticism of life in EK then stop writing irrelevant tosh and give him something to hang his hat on!