PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2005, 06:54
Oracle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Training at GHC

My sources tell me that the recent sad demise (bullet on weekend leave) of the Training manager at GHC, training still continues apace. There was a huge loss of interest from the other training Captains though - and two have now left and another 1 or two have/are going to resign as they feel that tenure is not necessarily so good if you want to be professional and honest about people's standards. It would appear that no-one wants the TM job for this very reason right now - and although much reassurance has supposedly been supplied by the new A/CP on that score, seeing is believing. In the end it's always just safer and far easier being a straight line jo.

One suspects that overall, GHC will get worse before it gets better - as although the pilot numbers ARE increasing (overall) the experience level in country is reported to have fallen drastically and all of the old hands are still looking elsewhere - I am told that they have had the same bulldust for a few years now and nothing is changing on the senior management level to make them think that good times are ahead??? Sad for such a promising place and company that leadership is so sadly lacking/screwed up! Rumour control says that many ADA guys are now looking towards Doha as the SWAMP (van land) in AD is now falling apart and the Doha guys have a really nice set-up in compound villas. You pays your money and takes your choice guys, I suppose!