PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 744 Diversion to MAN (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2005, 06:38
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Oh give us a break!
(correct me if I'm wrong, I flew DC-10 and MD-11 not the 74)
And here we have the problem... another 'expert' on the B744 and FOUR engined LROPS giving everyone the benefit of his 'experience' of operating the type... NOT!

Here we have someone who considers every option... did anyone suggest that the crew involved didn't? Looks to me that they arrived at MAN and apart from a declaration of a "mayday" as required by their SOP's everyone got home safely.

Why do we have to keep on having your almost paranoid suggestion that you would have done it so differently? We know you would have dumped fuel and returned for an emergency landing if you'd been flying your tri-jet or twin-jet. Please give some credence to the fact that the crew on the FOUR engined B744 took into consideration all the factors that you keep harping on about. The rest of are knowledgeable enough to know that had there been another problem en-route that they would have been able to divert to an en-route alternate.