PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe developments
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2005, 05:01
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jabird

Yes, it's the same mentality. I have been present at meetings where lateness and PR was discussed, and it always came down to "well what do they expect for ten quid..." Usually said in jest, but you can almost sense the resentment towards pax who pay virtually nothing and then expect service.

The bottom line is that you can't easily combine low fares and excellent service in the Euro LCC model. The economies of scale aren't there, attitudes are entrenched, and the Brits don't get giving everybody the same excellent service. They usually fail at this by employing cheap (but generally hopeless) handling agents like Servisair and Aviance. They entrust their pax (on the ground) to people on horrifying wages, who are often severely demotivated. There is only one outcome possible.

I have to say I nearly went to work for Easy - I had the offer in my hand. I turned them down in the end, mainly because Stelios had handed the company to a management team who are probably competent, but lack any form of soul or personality.

Anyway, expect standards to continue to slip as money becomes tighter.

As far as Ryanair is concerned, I wouldn't travel with them unless there was no possible alternative. I'm afraid I don't have a lot of faith in either their business or safety cultures.

Easy are slightly better, but only slightly - although their training department does appear to be excellent.