PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 744 Diversion to MAN (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2005, 20:27
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What am I meant to say to that? I mean I've heard of thread creep, but that is ridiculous! Aren't you making this a bit personal? You were the one who made your comments a personal diatribe against BA- presumably from the point of view that you knew the right way and BA was wrong because they were 'indoctrinated' was the expression! You made your post a personal attack on the professional standards of another company- don't expect to be treated with kid gloves as a result!
Having got past 30W the crew must have had a very good idea of how the "Howgozit" was going. I would have thought that it would have been obvious that Heathrow was already an impossibility to any sensible person.
So why did this hard-working crew that had done their level best for BA go past PIK/BFS/SNN etc and end up with a "Mayday" at MAN?

With 11 hours to think about the problem, I would certainly not have got myself in a situation like this.

Perhaps the big worry here is the the way the BA crew were trained or indoctrinated. I have already seen on this thread (and others) ample evidence from BA pilots that they think such situations are perfectly safe and that any criticism is superfluous. Indeed they dismiss the FAA as an irrelevance.

This, having done both with big aeroplanes, is a very arrogant statement. I can say that with a great deal of confidence that the numberof US-registered aircraft exceeds the the rest of the world put together.

Therefore, the posting from "BA God Help Me" should be seen in context.

Last edited by Rainboe; 16th Mar 2005 at 21:15.