PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air cadet instructors with civil licence
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2005, 20:19
acw350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TMG or SEP thats the question

Hi all fellow viggie drivers how are you all doing. I have had a long hard struggle with the CAA and know of quite a few others in simlar positions across our fleet. I am a B Cat (shortly to expire) as i am on my last module of ground school for the ATPL an currently no time for weekend fun .

I got good dispensation for my PPL like many others but like many of us when we approach the subject of the CPL hours we get 30 hours max. Which aint so good. I have been asking lots of questions along with several others from other schools regarding the Vig when it was pre jar a SEP and now because there is no vigilant on the civil register the nearest thing to it is a Grob 109b. So we only get 30 hours TMG credit towards the hours for a CPL. I was glad to see that when i have finally gained my cpl i can keep it current using tmg as like the ppl using tmg to remain current.

Its just a pity we will get no backing from top brass to get the Vig on the civil register as a SEP.

So anyway after my exmas im off to USA to waste money on hour building which is pointless really with 750 hours on the VIG in my log book.

Regards

ACW 350