PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 744 Diversion to MAN (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2005, 16:51
DOVES

DOVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much 'Cargo boy':
'Referrals: 0; Occupation: pilot.'
You gave us, with your arrogance, a perfect lesson on Crew Resource Management.
"What not to do in case of abnormal situation. How not to gather all the available information (i.e. 'do you think Hoskin if it's the case to call the tower and ask them if they found any debris, bird or rudder on the runway... Can you please call the purser and ask him if they saw anything wrong with that engine? And how's the passenger mood? Is it necessary to make a low pass over the tower to make them assess the landing gear/flaps situation? Did ,via the ACARS at home base, they noticed anything wrong with the huge number of data they have collected? etc.).
For you ther's a very simple solution: "Shut up your trap! You boy let me work alone!".
I think that I was flying over the Atlantic when you were not yet born and with those people from WWII used to talk to the people from the heights (just like you). For instance: did anybody out there, in the USA ATC, know Captain Drago? A real generation gap.
And before I close my mouth wide open, I want to remember that an accident is seldom caused by a single cause.
And it's silly to open the first ring of a chain of events. I beg everybody of You to excuse my bad English, and now I'm looking forward to read a report, recommendations and suggestions from the Authority to learn something more.
Regards
DOVE