PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia, MAS and future Malaysian Pilots - BEWARE: MFA
Old 16th Mar 2005, 16:25
muhan8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christchurch

Yup, i did my training in International aviation academy in Chch, located at Chch international airport. I flew PA38 for my PPL(cost saving) and PA28(cherokee, acher, warrior and arrow) for CPL and IR in P68 and PA34. The whole course cost about NZD 50,000, which i think cheaper than anywhere in this world(of course depends on currency exchange rates, which was 2.2 when I went there).
About accomadation, never ever worry about that because the administrator will arrange everything for you if you request and cheapest place you could find would cost you around NZD 70 per week. And you can manage your accomodation rental by working part time in the weekend, and trust me they pay hell of a lot even for waiter. That is what I did, worked 4 days a week in a restaurant and my rental is paid! And the management is awesome, plus you can really progress very fast if you show the commitment in everything and manage to convince your instructor. I finished my CPL/MEIR in 11 months, but i will say myself lucky as well coz everything falls in the right place like i planned(not everything...mmost of them). Not to mention the system overthere are very simple, approchable and student friendly. Well that will be a brief of the academy, and strongly suggest to anyone who is planning to get his/ her license in a cheaper and more systematically arranged way.

If you need more info, just gimme a shout bros!!! Catch you'll later.