PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew strike ballot!
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2005, 15:34
jewitts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just returned from a long haul trip (Economy) to New Zealand as a PAX. (Been reading Pprune too often!). Outward leg all Quantas via Singapore, return via Sydney and Tokyo with the last leg to London by BA. All I can say is Chalk and Cheese! Quantas service in the cabin was superb. BA was appalling! The daytime 11.00 am departure from Tokyo started well with a meal service about one hour in. Then the whole way (i.e. 10 more hours) to London absolutely no service from the BA attendants. I even pushed the call button 5 times for a glass of water and no one ever responded to it. In the end I had to walk to the galley and help myself. It seemed to me almost the entire crew were upstairs sleeping. Finally just before descent, a very surley drinks service and dry sandwich was flung in my direction. Having flown with most of the low cost carriers around Europe, I think they now give a better, frendlier service than BA at a fraction of the cost. Believe me I am not just BA bashing for the sake of it! I used to love flying BA. Now I avoid it wherever possible and I fear there are a lot more PAX like me. Something is seriously wrong at BA. High profits for now, declining load factor in Future?