PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maths is not my strong point
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2005, 14:53
adr

PPatRoN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer VFTC's (1046) question, purely hypothetically, and nothing to do with my own experience, as far removed as can be imagined from my daily activites now or at any time in the past, and as far as I know (and I don't) not connected with real-life practices and methods anywhere:

Suppose you've been asked to provide information on encapsulated (ie, internal parts embedded in resin) battery packs found with captured equipment. X-ray analysis tells of the two variants tells you that two types of cell, short and long, are used in series. Pack A contains three long and two short, and provides 12V at the terminal. Pack B contains five long and six short, and provides 24V. What voltages are the short and long cells? For a bonus pint*, what is the likely battery chemistry and why are the packs badly designed?

I'll get me coat.

adr

* Prize will be forfeited if not personally collected within two days. No cash equivalent. Not transferable. Pub may contain nuts. Freshly brewed coffee may be hot. Travel, food, accommodation and insurance not included. Your home is at risk if you do not keep up with payments. The location of the prize will be withheld for security reasons.