PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie Walsh is the man to head BA
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2005, 14:22
Roobarb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with some of the harsher theories, if he’s half as psychotic as some of the pilot managers we already have in BA we’re in for a good rimming.

One think that most likely won’t happen is airport hotels. They don’t offer the hefty discounts that BA demands, you’d be surprised how little BA are prepared to pay. Airport hotels can fill every bed at full price with the first wisp of fog. City Centre hotels are more likely to be attracted by the certainty of occupancy that BA bring, making the hotel managers' KRAs that bit easier to achieve. That is unless of course he decides that’s we’re going to stay in B&Bs and knocking shops!

No, it’s precisely because BA pilots roll over every time the Company barks at them that we'll be first in the queue to be shafted. I’ve never known a company where every year something else is given up for no return. We bargain, they promise, we sign, BA reneges. Add to that the 95% of pilots unprepared to do anything that jeopardises their personal position, and you have a group that are ‘low hanging fruit’.

I don’t know the man, but I’m sure he’ll find the opportunity to kick his pilot comrades square in the nuts irresistible.

Airline Pilot – one once prestigious occupation I won’t be recommending to my kids.

I’ll take on the opposition anyday. It’s my management I can’t beat!