PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - strange LARS request
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2005, 13:33
Yorks.ppl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the interest and answers so far.

stoney x, With hindsight you are quite correct, I should have asked for clarification but I was slightly put off balance by the request and comon sense went out of the window, briefly!! This was also coupled with a flight where the whole RT thing had been muddled, I am certainly not critising the chap at fenton (who I have always found to be excelent, ditto linton) because I have no idea what he may have had going on with UHF but the RT script that I carefully prepare before each flight was completely usless.

I have now spoken to the air trafic supervisor at linton (thanks linton, polite and helpfull as ever) who suggests that the "confirm sherburn (Or where ever) in sight with 1 long transmision" request is part of a speachless aproach procedure that they practice on UHF
He also suggests that there may have been some confusion if such a procedure was being practised on UHF simultainiously with my matz penetration request.
In any event it seems that there was no reason for the request as I was talking to them in the usual way.

So we can all stop racking our brains, it seems the whole thing was a simple mix up

PS Stoney x I concur, flight through a matz without talking to them is unwise/possibly suicidal.