PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Changes the Contract - Again!
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2005, 04:36
highcirrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez mochiman and Phil Squares some guys seem to think that what has been written in the thousands of past posts is somehow not true.

I really can't be bothered re-writing everything I've banged on about over recent years (which has all been true), so can I suggest that you read up on the situation Here?

Phil

1) "Correct no pay for positioning" - If you're happy with this, more fool you!

2) "No ID 90s but I suggest you look at the CA. At mainline, you don't get those until 10 years of service" - Wrong, at Mainline you get 4 ID 90's per annum from day one.

3) "Profit sharing is the same as SIA. The only question mark is the issue of the group profits or cargo profits. The current contract is for the SIA group" - Watch this space, Phil, you'll see the latter profits being used to calculate bonus payments very shortly.

4) "Schooling is only to 18, to me that's no big deal. I have 3 children and have been preparing...." - Mainline schooling is from age 5 to age 20.

If SIA can get more blokes like you, Phil, they've cracked it. As it is, you're a bit of a rarity so they're going to have to work pretty hard in the near future, getting replacements for the guys who are quietly not renewing contracts and just slipping away from this vale of tears.