PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Changes the Contract - Again!
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2005, 04:11
Phil Squares

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chambudzi and et al. Please remember this is about perspectives. I can guarantee you my previous employer makes SIA look great. No vacation, no per diem, crap equipment, pressure to break FTLs all the time...the list goes on.

1) Correct no pay for positioning. However, that will most likely get resolved in the near term.

2) No ID 90s but I suggest you look at the CA. At mainline, you don't get those until 10 years of service.

3) Profit sharing is the same as SIA. The only question mark is the issue of the group profits or cargo profits. The current contract is for the SIA group.

4) Schooling is only to 18, but starts at 4. I have 3 children, but then again, I have been preparing for education for years.

5) Meal allowance v. Per Diem. We get S$8/hr. In some cases that's more than you guys and in some cases less. All in all, on a monthly basis I believe it's about the same.

6) Contract completion bonus? What does mainline get?

Is SIA Cgo perfect? No. However, my contract has changed 4 times for the better. All of this might just be a mute point. Seems as though the company can't attract the necessary Cargo pilots nor can it attract the necessary 777 pilots. So, ALPAS was approached a few weeks ago about folding the cargo pilots into mainline.

As I said in my opening line, it's a matter of perspectives. I have a question for all the nay sayers. What would have you me do, stay at my prior employer in europe, where your job was always in question or come here and have some peace of mind, and acutally make more on a monthly basis? Again, perhaps, if you are so unhappy, you should just tender your resignations and go to work for my prior employer. I'd be happy to give you all the contact details....

Last edited by Phil Squares; 16th Mar 2005 at 05:42.