PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Costs
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2005, 15:10
keeperboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carnage I agree with you whole heartedly. The pilots made a lot of concessions in terms of working practices.

However, in return most pilots received a hefty increase in their basic pay, something that has never been offered to the cabin crew community as a carrot to increase efficiency. Perhaps if Willie thinks about that one...??....

Also, can you honestly say you are happy with the deal BALPA carved out for you and the other pilots? I don't know what fleet you are on but the pilots I worked with when I was on short-haul (especially the Airbus) seemed to think their pay deal was 'rushed' and that they had been 'shafted'. Most of the 777 fleet pilots on long-haul echo this.

To be honest, if my union signed up to the same deal as yours did, and then I was working much harder in return for no more money (cabin crew are being offered no more in their basic) and then we announced profits of £525million i'd be angry.

I want to see BA be a successful airline, but I don't come to the work just for the fun of it or to be a martyr in the announcement of yet even more 'making history profits'.