PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - which school in Beds
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2005, 14:32
Wrong Stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another vote for Billins from me. It's a very pleasant and friendly setup, but Richard Billins is very safety-orientated, has lots of practical experience and he runs a tight ship. I'd be happy to fly with anybody he's trained.

I've done a few hours in Flyteam aircraft as well. For rental they're fairly typical aircraft - sound but with niggles - at a reasonable price with sensible checkout requirements. For tuition they don't have the best reputation. They may have been unlucky, but they've been something of a serial loser of nosewheels on landing.

I was also recently up in the Cranfield control tower quite late one Saturday afternoon and a chap wandered in asking if he could be let into the Flyteam offices. Apparently he'd just landed from his qualifying cross country to find that everyone from Flyteam had gone home, locking his jacket and keys in the office. I always thought the solo students had to be supervised, but even if not I'm amazed nobody hung around to make sure he made it back safely.