PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi fly to Mumbai and Riyadh.
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2005, 10:34
no, no, no

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it maybe worth asking a question about the size of the threat against BA, THE British flag carrier and a world-recognised British company, and then bmi, an airline which relativly few people outside if the UK still really know about or think about as a major British target. Could it be that there may of been greater threats against someone of BA's standing versus the smaller bmi brand???

Simple thoughts I know......

also, has any airline ever been attacked in Saudi itself? If the flights will carry a decent amount of Muslim passengers, or passengers going to Saudi to help build their economy through business links etc, then would anyone really attack anything that could be seemed to be attacking themselves - don't think it would go down well in the Kingdom????

as I said, just my simple thoughts!!!

In my view I wish bmi luck - starting something new is never easy, and I'm sure Richard Branson had similar things said when he got 1 old 747 aircraft in the eighties to start New York!!!! You have to start somewhere - and look where Virgin have gone since!!!!

I'm not saying that bmi will ever be as big as Virgin, but if someone wants to give things a go then shouldn't people support them instead of just ridiculing them???