PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another BA one!
Thread: Another BA one!
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2005, 13:43
Mashie Niblick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GwynM,
I suggest it is YOU that has not read the origional post.Where does it state.....as you did.....that the "crew were not in the galley"?

I think you will find the poster was referring to the crews "disappearance" as in from the passenger cabin.
Bearing in mind this is a Boeing 747 we are talking about as opposed to a cruise liner,were do you think that the crew would be if they were not in the galley? Other than the flight deck or locking themselves in individual toilets for 9 hours,there IS nowhere else that they would,or could be!

You may have been confused by the posters "self service" comment.Once the main service has been done and the 1st half of the crew start their rest break,the "on duty" crew generally set up lots of drinks,snacks etc on the counters in the galley so that folks can wander up and help themselves if they so wish.If there is something else you want that is not "on display",then you only have to ask.The crew WILL be in the galley 'cos there is no other place they physically can be!

All airlines,including BA, come around periodically with juice and water for those that are awake.If you happen to be sleeping for long periods,perhaps you can get the "impression",as I think the poster has, that you haven't seen the crew for some considerable time.Again....that is what a call bell is for particularly if you are in a window seat.

Yes my post may have been "poor sarcasm",but given the general peevishness and petulance of the origional post, that had very little or no substance in terms of details,I thought at the time it deserved an equally ridiculous reply.