PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which mobile phone?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2005, 07:58
Keef

Official PPRuNe Chaplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's probably more phone than you want, but I've been delighted with my Motorola V3. It's a flip phone, so keypad covered when not in use. It's quad-band and has GPRS as well as Bluetooth.

There's no IR, but the BT is brilliant. If I turn on the (Motorola) BT headset, it immediately re-establishes the link: I can answer an incoming call by flipping open the headset, putting it on my ear, and pressing its button as I do so.

BT connection to my iPaq stays up for as long as both devices are switched on. I've not had a single dropout.

The phone is extremely thin (they call it "Razr"), quad-band, and has good sound quality, with even a useable speakerphone facility. It fits in my shirt pocket, and you'd not know it's there.

It has a camera (which will take 640 x 480 pix, so reasonable quality). I've never bothered with the cr@ppy cameras in previous phones, but this one is useable.

It has some basic PDA functions of its own, and will synch with a PC if you need to do that. The interface is USB, and it charges its battery through the USB.

The only serious drawbackI've found is that the phonebook (enormous number of possible entries) only lets you search on the first letter of the name - you then have to scroll down all the entries with that initial letter.

They're selling for around £200 on Ebay nowadays.