PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C337 twin or single?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2005, 07:32
Reverseflowkeroburna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gaunty .......I may be mistaken, but I had believed the leading edge "concavity" to be part of the aftermarket STOL kit that some of them got!?

Wiz, Rosscoe .........agreed! Judicious use of the geardoors come airbrakes is good advice, unless you're in one of the fleet that have the electro-hydralic gear system without the airbrake gear doors! These have simple wells......ala C182/C210 This too I think, is a mod of sorts.

The other consideration of course is, if it is a buggy with the ole hydraulic gear system.............Does it have the standard single EDP or the optional second one fitted too?? Although if you're up for a challenge and memory serves me correct, you can pump the wheels up as well as down.

Then there's SE sevice ceilings.............How many other twins out there have such a marked difference in performance as Rosscoe mentioned???

While not an exhaustive or extensive list of the idosycracies of the type, it is most surely enough to raise an eyebrow of mine at the thought of guys & gals out there in them without any ME training or "official" endorsement training that may only incorporate a fraction of the current syllabus! No matter what column your putting it in!!!!!