PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS/Braathens piloter
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2005, 07:29
Ramrise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Perspective...

Hotel Charlie,

This issue is about money and jobs, not children. However, I will play along for a little while.

Perhaps the two siblings are feeling jealous because the adopted child is receiving all the love and attention, and also wants the privileges that come with being a child in this family without having to abide by the house rules. In fact, the parents are favouring the new child and setting few boundaries. And we all know that children need boundaries. The new child wants the same size room, the same toys of the older children, but he has not yet earned these things. Meanwhile the two older siblings, who have already earned these things by living by the rules of the house, are getting pissed off by watching the new child so far getting a free ride.

I can offer an analogy of my own which makes a lot more sense.

You own an old stereo which no longer has any warranty and it doesn’t work too well anymore. You then go to the dealer wanting to buy a new stereo of the same brand. However, the dealer has signed an ‘exclusivity deal’ with a bigger supplier of stereo equipment. He is not allowed to sell other brands. If he does there will be severe sanctions. The new supplier has more advanced equipment with a bigger support network, all in all, a better product. You see the new stereo AND you want this (you don’t say so of course, you like to deal as much as anybody), but you don’t want to pay the price the new stereo commands. Something other people have done and will do. But we both know if you want the new stereo you will have to pay the price. If you chose not to buy the new stereo you are stuck with the old equipment which will continue to get worse and eventually will not work. Meanwhile the new stereo gets better and better, and also more expensive. In other words, the price has never been better.

Regards,

Ramrise

Last edited by Ramrise; 13th Mar 2005 at 08:05.