PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another BA one!
Thread: Another BA one!
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2005, 23:18
traveller5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manintheback- I have extensive experience as a frequent flyer (30+ longhaul flights/year) and the best airlines for decent customer service are Singapore, Thai, Jal and ANA.

When I talk of customer service, I refer to simple things like being offered a drink more than once on a 12hr flight! Singapore/JAL etc do the usual pre-meal drink, main meal and then there is obviously a crew rest period, BUT the remaining crew are still in the cabin. Half way through the flight the drinks trollies come out and snacks are offered before the other crew go for rest and then another meal about 2 hrs before landing.

BA longhaul ( and I'm not talking transatlantic hops!) offers dire customer service, but the crew don't really care because they're all asleep... "resting" from what? Why do I travel BA? Because I'm not in charge of booking my seats, BUT I have made a request that BA not be considered for any flight over 7 hrs!!

PS a Health Warning to anyone travelling BA longhaul (over 7 hrs)....Actually, just disturb the sleeping crew because you are the customer!