PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - want my money back
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2005, 13:18
fastjet2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tosh McCaber,

I would love to see everybody who wants to fly, get a job. If I ever find myself in a position where I can help somebody else, then I will unhesitatingly as I have had so much help and support from so many people who have helped me along the way. However, what I didn't do was slag off the industry at every chance I got and throw my toys out the pram. That's never going to get anybody anywhere and, with the industry being as it is, everybody needs to spend every minute they have constructively trying to get work. I'm sure Spaceman has done that in the past, I'm don't know his background so I can't comment. I can only comment on what he does write on here, most of it being complete self-pitying crap.

My post was based on the history of some of the original poster's comments in the past, as others will testify. He seems to spend a lot of time complaining about the state of things and trying to put other wannabee's off doing it. I know how hard it is, believe me I had to work my nuts off to get it and I'm continuing having to work hard on the ATPL course. I know a lot of people who have licences who can't get jobs, but rather than telling other professionals how crap it all is and sulking, they quietly get on with things and continue to do all that is necessary to help them get there. Believe me, I have full sympathy for Spaceman, I would love to see him get a job because perhaps then we wouldn't all have to read some of the utter tosh that he comes out with.

I do know how tough it is and if Spaceman asks a constructive question then I'm sure he will get a constructive answer from everybody here. In the meantime, I plan to ignore whatever he writes as it's all based around the huge chip on his shoulder.

FJ2k